This salad is one I support in a healthy diet; it is light in calories. And the ingredients are nutritious. It has apples, broccoli, carrots, lettuce and pasta.
Number of servings: 6 Calories: 198 Total fat contents: 3 grams
Cholesterol: trace amount Sodium: 57 milligrams
Ingredients for Preparation:
8 ounces uncooked florets
2/3 cup shredded carrots
1 medium Red or Golden Delicious apple
(cored seeded and chopped)
1/3 cup plain nonfat yogurt
1/3 cup apple juice
3 tablespoon cider vinegar
1 tablespoon light olive oil
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon honey
½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
Direction for preparation:
- Cook pasta according to the directions on package (exclude the salt) add the broccoli during the last 2 minutes of cooking. (Drain) rinse thoroughly under cold water until pasta is cool; (Drain well)
- Place pasta, broccoli, carrots and apple in a medium bowl.
- Combine yogurt, apple juice, vinegar, oil, mustard, honey and thyme in small bowl (pour these ingredients over the pasta mixture) toss to coat evenly.
Occasionally, everyone will have a sleepless night; that is logical.
It is when sleepless nights become frequently, that they should be of concern for the individual’s health.
The person who has frequent nights of not being able to sleep will eventually, experience loss of appetite, restlessness, tiredness and unable to concentrate, and discomfort within his or her body, such as headaches and abdominal pain and indigestion and other symptoms.
Stress can be a factor in causing one to not be able to sleep.
Here are some helpful tips on removing the underlying cause of sleepless nights:
- Control as much stress in your life as possible.
- Schedule work ahead; plan as much of your work to lighten your workload.
- Eat small meals that are nutritious if you are not hungry but have not eaten.
- Drink nutritious beverages and water to maintain fluid intake.
- Try to prevent stressful situations when it is possible.
- It is unhealthy to withhold things within your mind if you are unhappy with someone.
- It is OK to have a personal conversation with respect to the other person who is making you unhappy.
- Try to find things to relax your mind.
Make sure you are not the problem in your relationship.
In a relationship, the other person should always be the center of your attention.
1. Listen 2 . Comfort 3. Encourage 4. Speak kind words
The other person should feel that when they are with you, the two of you become one force that nothing can resist. There is nothing the two of you cannot conquer. You need to feel the same about the person you are in a relationship with.
This is the making of a strong relationship that is established on Respect and Trust.
__ Ellen J. Barrier
It is best to get into physical fitness, long before a holiday. Some will wait until a few days after the holiday, to jog or try and lift a few weights. This is not a wise thing to do. It can cause the body to reject the pressure that is being put upon it, and resist. Why?
The heart, muscles, and joints, are not in the proper condition. And neither is the mental status, of such an individual. It’s like getting in a vehicle and immediately, placing your foot on the gas pedal and pressing it to the floor. You will lose control and hurt yourself or someone else.
Those who don’t take proper care of their health, causes damage to their body, which results in very poor health. When sickness occurs, those who need family assistance, causes others to spend time caring for them. That often results in sacrificing time from a job or other important activities, in their lives, that they are forced to neglect. And if the sick person, doesn’t have enough medical coverage, or none, others will have to pay for their medical expenses.
Eating the proper foods, drinking lots of water, fruit juices, and exercising on a regular basic throughout the year, is the best way to accomplish physical fitness, before the holidays.
__ Ellen J. Barrier
Photo credit: Ed Yourdon on flickr